In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation from the 25th May 2018 and to any applicable privacy regulation, Advanced Food Safety Limited who own and operate, www.allsafe.org.uk and www.food-safety.co.uk is registered with the Information Commissioner as Z7971415.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and take every precaution with your personal information, only ever using it in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Electronic Communications (2000/58/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation.
This privacy statement is intended to let you know how we, Advanced Food Safety Limited, will collect and use your personal data in order to:
• Process sales.
• Deliver courses, publications and downloads.
• Provide certificates following completion of our training courses.
• Provide a respond to your enquiries and questions.
• Deliver any service requests.
• Respond to any complaints.
• Refine our website and improve your experience on it through using cookies.
• Provide legislation and BRC Standard updates, product and/or service information which may be of interest or benefit.
• Process invoices.
Advanced Food Safety Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information is not transferred outside the EU.
Why do we need to collect and store Personal Data?
In order for us to respond to your purchases, certificates, requests, queries, service requirements, complaints, invoicing etc. we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or providing a detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information that we collect and use is appropriate for the purpose, and does not constitute an invasion or your privacy.
Controlling your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent to your data being used for marketing at any time by writing to or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or selecting the Unsubscribe option at the bottom of any marketing communication and newsletters.
• We promise will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
• For customers taking Royal Institute of Public Heath examinations, we provide your name, title, date of birth and a form of ID, which is required as part of their examination procedure.
• We will process some or all of the following data where necessary to provide you with the information and /or purchases and services required.
Date of birth for some examinations.
Contact details e.g. telephone numbers, addresses and email addresses.
Where you pay for products and services, financial identifiers such as bank details, account numbers, and payment card numbers. These are via our secure web payment gateway service provider and banking services provider.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. However, a ‘reasonable fee’ will be charged for unfounded, excessive or repetitive requests. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Advanced Food Safety Limited, Jubilee House, Shevington, Wigan, Lancashire.WN6 8EA or email email@example.com
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address or email. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
• You can also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you register with www.allsafe.org.uk and www.food-safety.co.uk with we will ask you if you would like to receive email Marketing Communications to keep you up to date with information on our products, services useful information and the latest special offers we think you may be interested in.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Web Chat is available for a number of services on the www.allsafe.org.uk and eLearning website.
It allows you to speak to our authorised staff using ‘web chat’ functionality. Data from each ‘chat’ will be held indefinitely and may be used when looking into your enquiry and for quality purposes.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long do we keep your personal data
In general, we will endeavour to keep data only for as long as we need it. This means we will delete it when it is no longer needed. We will keep some records permanently if we are legally required to do so.
If you have any questions about how information provided via this website will be used, or have questions about Data Protection in general, please contact our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Food Safety Limited
5 Broad O’th Lane
Registered in England and Wales • No 3894022
18th April 2018